Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful, fun and safe holiday!
I recently was able to visit Cool Mini or Not’s offices and got to see the piles and piles of Super Dungeon Explore that were being shipped out for the pre-orders. I had seen the game demo that’s set up in the Local Game Store here and have read through the rules and it looks like a lot of fun. Sadly I’ve not had a chance to play it, but I will post a review just as soon as I’m able.
The figures, dice and cards…
Photo note; the board is a flat two-dimensional tile setup, but they made this 3d dungeon just for the demo/store.
|Electrons ate my homework!|
I am now in charge of running events and tournaments at the local game store. No one else is motivated enough to do it, so the store owner is allowing me to take it on.
The first tournament is a 1000 point 40k Tournament in 2 weeks. I have done a lot of research into tournament types and scoring methods, so I hope it goes well and that people have a good time.
It was my thinking after much research, to eliminate the subjective scoring done by the participants themselves, sportsmanship scores, etc.
The tournament will be mainly based upon Generalship, wins and losses, as well as mission bonus points.
There will be additional scoring for painting, since the store owner wants to see more people painting their armies. Assuming a maximum score all around for the person who also paints best, the painting score would account for about 20% of the overall score. I think this is fair.
Has anyone else run a tournament, what do you find works and does not work when it comes to scoring, and mission setups?
The new set Innistrad for MGT is wonderful, the new macahnics of the flip card are a little pain in the ass but its something i will get used to. My husband and i went to the new pre relise last saturday, for the most part it was a fail for me ( i pulled shit to make a deck) and he went up against someone who studyied thier deck, but other htne that it went good. HE managed to pull a foil snapcaster mage and i.. well i pulled a Skaab Ruinator. A couple things i learned that night that i would like to share with others.
1. If you are the only female there, dont point it out.. you already feel aqward enough without the guys stairting at you like you are an odd ball for being there.
2. if you do number one make sure you point out that your hubby is right there.
3. A pre relise touny may be fun. but make sure you go durring a day one
4. if you do go to the night one make sure that they start before 2 ( when time to start was scheduled for 12 am)
5. if this does happen, maybe after opening your packs its a good idea to leave if you have your kid with you.
6. dont let you kid (that is used to going to bed at 8:30 for school) sleep on the floor of the gaming store while you play MGT!
7. Best end the match if this is to happen.
8. insist your hubby knows this and you drop out.
9 also be on the look out of little kids who used to play yugioh and are now playing magic.
10. if you see them dont trade with them ( they will get two land cards from you that when you get home you will find out were worth 25 bucks each)
11. if you do find this out lie to your hubby and dont tell him he made a bad trade..
Other then that the pre relise was good. now just to convice my hubby to sell that card!